Will Jesus Return During the Census?
Have you ever known something that you would’ve never known or thought of on your own? The beauty of God speaking to us is that His revelations are so different from the way we naturally process thoughts and information.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. ~ Isaiah 55:8-9
I believe we all have God encounter opportunities, but how deep or intense depends on your sensitivity to them and your willingness to linger there.
It was during a period of lingering within the Spirit that God began to share these truths:
• When Jesus first came to this world it was during a census. (Luke 2:1)
• We are in a once a decade census this year.
• The census at the time of Christ’s first coming drove everyone back to their homes. (Luke 2:4)
• The Coronavirus pandemic has driven everyone back into their homes during this census year.
• The census at the time of Christ saw the Massacre of the Innocents – massive death at the hands of a ruthless killer (Herod Agrippa) (Matthew 2:16-18)
• The Coronavirus is now responsible for massive death tolls at the hands of a ruthless microscopic killer. And more than the children killed by Herod, abortion today kills many more than he ever could.
• The threat of death drove Jesus from his home and into exile in a foreign land for survival. (Matthew 2:13-15)
• The threat of infectious death has driven Christian worship from its church home and into the foreign exile of the 3rd space (online).
• The land of Egypt where Jesus took refuge was a pagan ruled territory marked by violence, lies and sexual debauchery.
• The digital terrain where the gospel of Jesus is taking refuge is a space dominated by violence, lies and pornography.
Are these the End Times?
Yep!! From the moment Jesus ascended into heaven (Acts 1:6-11), we move one moment closer toward His return. Isn’t that incredible?
The Ascension of Jesus
6 So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. 10 As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”
~ Acts 1:6-11
The kingdom of God is what’s coming. Whether it’s in this census year or the next or the…you get the point, the one thing that never changes is ~ John 3:1-21
– you will never see the kingdom of God unless you are born again of water and Spirit. Don’t try to hedge your bet before the ball stops bouncing on the wheel. The return of a conquering Christ isn’t a bad thing unless you’ve not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Yeah, then, it’s a really bad thing to be left behind. Because you will be. God wants you to come along but He’s not going to force you to take the ride.
PLEASE SHARE THIS WORD WITH PEOPLE YOU LOVE!!
Walk In Light,
The Five Stones Church Online campus is our main digital location. With over 72,000 active members, our mission of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ is made possible with a global congregation.
Community Groups allow us to do life together in needs-based ministries better suiting each members’ current situation or interests. Get connected to an incredibly loving body of believers and prepare to have your anointing activated as we support your launch into your very own ministry of service.
INVITE – SHARE – LEAD – IMPACT
“I say this because I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.” Jeremiah 29:11