I’m Shaping Up; Week 18
This week was about finding inspiration when totally not expecting it. I’ve been back on the bike steadily and enjoying the return in the saddle. Either alone or with the fantastic club members of our Bayou Country Cyclists, it’s great to be back.
Motivation came when I met 2 team members for a quick 20+. One of the ladies forgot her cycling shoes. Her friend offered to forgo the ride and head home. The shoeless rider refused to pack up. Despite needing clip-ins, she took off bare footed on the pegs. After reaching a straight away, I picked up my pace and rode ahead. Reaching the turn-around I headed back and who did I see? Both cyclists and her still barefoot. She was at the +10 mile point for the out and back.
I was so proud to see her commitment that I must have smiled the whole way back. Great going!
My other motivation was seeing the same guy who inspired me to begin a diet regimen in the first place.
Chad, a fire chief, single dad, full-time haz-mat responder, and elected official had committed months back and at about the 40 pound loss mark looks great.
Motivation pops up at the least expected places from the least assuming people. Lets be that inspiration for others!
Rainy Day Cycling
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– Don’t know. Still not worrying about these numbers.
– 4 days of morning weightlifting and evening cycling or jogging. I actually hit a 3-a-day with weights for breakfast, yoga for lunch and a hammering cycling session for supper.
– The yoga and recovery is SO critical.
– The swimming pool options are still available, but I’ve yet to dive back in. Literally.
– Roller coaster week. First half was disciplined, second half – Not so much.
UNO Ring & BP
– BP is getting cozy in the normal range, and I can tell a major difference.
– The UNO ring slips on and off without hanging up on swollen knuckles or fat fingers.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– 4 days of cycling.
– 2 yoga sessions.
– 4 morning weight sessions
– bring lunches to work or prepared meal at home.
– Increase hydration.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.